Ridgely’s Delight Association (RDA) Community Meeting — Wednesday, March 4
Our monthly meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 4, starting at 7 p.m. in the back dining room of Frank & Nic’s West End Grille (511 W. Pratt St.).
You are encouraged to attend if you live, own property or a business in Ridgely’s Delight. The RDA board meeting will immediately follow the community meeting.
As part of the agenda, we will be discussing the city’s planning efforts to place electric vehicle charging stations in neighborhoods in the future. As part of this effort, we expect that there will be a pilot run to ensure that the planning is complete and works as expected before their plans are rolled out city-wide. Once the community has this information, we anticipate that there will be a motion offered to see if the community wants to request that Ridgely’s be a pilot site.
MARCH STREET SWEEPING DATES
March 18 (odd side)
March 25 (even side)
Trash is picked up every Wednesday.
Recycling is picked up every Friday.
Street sweeping occurs every 3rd Wednesday on the odd side of the street and every 4th Wednesday on the even side of the street.
Neighborhood Game Night and Happy Hour
We’ll be hosting a community happy hour on Friday, March 6, at Breaking Bread (771 Washington Blvd. in Pigtown) starting at 6:00pm. Come on out, order a burger or some wings and meet your neighbors. We’ll have some board games for anyone interested in competing — feel free to bring your favorites to share! This event will be BYOB.
Celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day at Quigley’s Pub
Quigley’s will be opening bright and early at 6am once again this St. Patrick’s Day — Tuesday, March 17.
Orioles Opening Day
The 2020 O’s season starts on Thursday, March 26 with a 3:05pm game against the Yankees. Here’s a couple of the events taking place in our neighborhood that day:
- The Babe Ruth Museum will have an Opening Day Block Party on Emory from 11:30am to 3pm. (Emory will be closed to traffic from Dover to Portland). Tickets are $80 for the party and game, $60 for just the party. Call 410-727-1539 ext. 3033 to purchase tickets.
- Quigley’s Half-Irish Pub will be hosting an annual Opening Day Block party. Portland will be closed to traffic between Greene and Emory. Parked cars on that block will be towed, starting at 7am. The block party will run from 10am until 3pm. There will be live music, food and drinks.
National Pig Day
Bring your kids to play with some cute potbelly pigs on Sunday, March 1, and help Pigtown Main Street raise money for Whispering Rise Farm & Animal Sanctuary.
- Pot belly pig petting zoo
- Storytelling with Charm City Books
- Craft activity with SCRAP B-More
- Kid-friendly treats from The Greener Kitchen will be available at Suspended Brewing Company. The event will take place at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Poppleton.
Sliders 30th Anniversary Party
Sliders Bar and Grill turns 30 years old on Saturday, March 7. They’ll be offering drink specials all day, and a complimentary buffet from 4pm to 7pm.
All home improvement renovation work requires a Baltimore City permit. Additionally, Ridgely’s Delight is a historic neighborhood in a CHAP district and exterior work on your home requires CHAP approval.