May Community Meeting
The May community meeting will be held on the second floor of Pickle’s Pub on Wednesday, May 3, at 7pm. All are welcome. There will be an online option for anyone who is uncomfortable with meeting in person. Login details will be posted on the Ridgely’s website at:ridgelysdelight.org/may23-meeting
Conway Park Community Planning Session #2
Join us for the second meeting with South Baltimore Gateway Partnership and EnviroCollab to discuss the master plan for the northern section of our community park (the area above Conway Street). We will meet in the park at 2pm on Saturday, May 20
- The draft master plan and north Plaza Concept Design Plan will be displayed on boards for community input via sticky notes.
- For additional feedback the Design Team will share proposed selections for North Plaza materials relative to site furnishings, hardscape, and planting.
- The input gleaned from that event will inform the final Master Plan, and the Schematic Design documents for North Plaza, which will move into future phases of documentation for construction.
There will be a dumpster on Conway Street for community use the morning of Saturday, May 27. These dumpsters are generally dropped off in the neighborhood around 9am and then picked up again by 11am.
Please do not use it for commercial waste, appliances (including microwaves and air conditioners) or building materials. Abuse could limit our ability to receive city dumpsters in the future.
Family Movie Night at M&T Bank Stadium
The Baltimore Ravens will host their annual Family Movie Night on Friday, May 19 at 5 p.m., with the movie beginning at 7 p.m. Attendees will be able to watch DC League of Super-Pets on the RavensVision HD screens while participating in other games and activities. Tickets for the event are $10 and are on sale now at baltimoreravens.com/movienight.
With the warmer weather, opportunistic crimes such as theft and larceny will be on the rise across the city. The Ridgely’s Delight Safety Committee is working on ways to discourage that kind of activity in our neighborhood, and we need your help.
Please consider doing one or more of the following:
- Add lighting around the outside of your property
- If you can, participate in the Monday citizens on patrol walks at 7:30pm. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Link your cameras to the CitiWatch program at citiwatch.baltimorecity.gov
- If you see or hear something, please call 911.
- Be seen in the neighborhood. The more active our streets are, the less crime-friendly we are.
Thank you for being an integral part of our Ridgely’s Delight neighborhood! If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flower Mart at Mount Vernon Place
Celebrate the beginning of spring at the Mount Vernon Flower Mart, Baltimore’s oldest free public festival. This springtime celebration takes place May 5-6 in Mount Vernon surrounding the Washington Monument. The Flower Mart features dozens of vendors selling flowers, plants, gardening supplies, and more. There will also be live music, food vendors, and children’s activities. Admission is free.
May Recycling Dates
Recycling is collected in the neighborhood on a bi-weekly schedule. Our pickup days this month will be:
- Friday, May 5
- Friday, May 19
Please note that Baltimore City does not recycle styrofoam or plastic bags. For a list of what is acceptable see the DPW website.
The scheduled street sweeping dates in Ridgely’s are:
- Odd sides of the street — May 17
- Even sides of the street — May 24