March 2023 Board Meeting
Type of meeting:
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Quorum of board members established.
February minutes not yet posted, will be approved next meeting.
- Opening day eve party update – April 5 at 7 pm, FREE and cash bar. Last call will be 9:30 and party over at 10 pm.
- Board voted on skipping April community meeting as it will be replaced by Opening Day Eve Party – motion passed.
- Guest speakers – Karin will try to get Paul’s place to speak at May meeting about Groundwork Kitchen.
- Tentatively will have June meeting at renovated Sliders.
- Maia will look into getting someone from BPD to talk about the Consent Decree at either June or July community meeting.
- Friends of the Park discussion:
• formal friends of park is a complicated process through the city. It’s probably better to have a parks committee to avoid the red tape might be required.
• Karin provide a point of clarification. Conway Park is not a dog park so make sure committee isn’t just focused on Dogs.
• Nicole brought up making it a green space committee, not just Conway Park. Nicole has multiple people interested in this committee.
• Bobby encouraged interested people select a chair of this committee and then it can go forward.
- Need board participation for the Gala again this year! Thursday August 10th
- Nicole can be liaison for Pigtown main st Washington bvld – MLK intersection as requested by Kim Lane in previous presentation.