January 2023 Community Meeting
1. Police Update:
- 4 larcenies, 600 portland, 600 dover, 600 melvin, 600 Washington
- Car-jacking on warner
- Aggravated assault on Paca st.
No additional information handy on these crimes, police can send follow-up email with details such as which cases are still open, time of day, etc.
New Major – Sam Hood – of southern district. Has over 20 years of experience with BPD.
Community relations meeting is the first Tuesday of every month at 7 pm – Southern District Office in Cherry Hill. All community members are welcome to attend – takes place in the roll call room.
2. RDA Meeting Structure
- Officer update from BPD when possible
- Some committee updates (whenever there are updates)
- Try to table conversations that go on too long for further discussion
- New business
3. December recap
- Holiday Party – pictures on the facebook page
4. January Happenings
- First Friday HH – at Picket Brewing starting at 5:30 pm with Citizens of Pigtown and Barre Circle communities. There will be a food truck – details on Picket Instagram
- SBGP grant cycle coming up – range from $2,000 to $100k – they have grant workshops that are open to the public. First one is January 5th on grant writing – virtual workshop.
5. Committee Reports
- No ARC updates – one curious phone call of no concern, contact Paul Rubensen for more information
- Treasurer’s report – Fundraising - total $5,180 ($4,465 - gala; $715 holiday party)
Total spend during year $5,405.48
Net spend $225
Profit from gala - $981.35
Net spend for holiday party - $246 (budget for holiday party was $500)
6. Board Meeting Structure
- Confirm quorum
- Recap old business
- Bring up new business
- Consider the bylaws
- Work on projects/events for the community
- Try to bring any major items for community votes unless time-exigent such as a letter of support for a business in time for a hearing
- Try to enforce 3-min time limit for community member participation
- Board meetings will be held immediately following the community meeting
7. New Business
- Motion for purchase of RDA PA system plus two microphones, currently using Bobby’s personal equipment. Want to budget $900 – this would be owned and managed by the association.
Motion passes – no one opposed
- Clare would like to invite Homeless outreach specialist from Downtown Baltimore Partnership – he can come and talk to the RDA – Clare and Bobby to organize
- Mulch – will organize mulch delivery in conjunction with a community cleanup – either April or May – May preferable
- Paul Rubensen – proposes he write a grant to regravel the Burgundy Lot – general community support – we will vote whether to provide a letter of support for the grant at the February meeting
- Issues for Costello’s office? Yes – two water main breaks in the community that are still leaking -has been 1 week since 311 tickets were submitted. Email the 311 ticket numbers to Costello – Susan saw people working on the Eislen water main break today.
Quorum of members in good standing established.